Located at level 55 of State Tower, Bangkok Chef's Table places the art of cooking and food creation at the dining experience’s very heart. Moving far beyond the concept of an 'open kitchen', Chef's Table is a DWP designed gourmet theatre. Guests who love food are the audience, the food is the star, and the chef and his team are the main protagonists. In 2020 the restaurant was awarded two converted Michelin stars.
The art ventilation system’s extracts all cooking odours but forms a golden stupa above the chefs that echoes the great Chateaux kitchens—created by a Thai sculptor commissioned by DWP. Carrara marble crescent counters that wrap around the cooking station.
Circular bay windows allow the panoramic skyline to flood into semi-circle booths, so guests feel floating above Bangkok. Different experiences from meats sear on the magnificent Molteni stove and the intricate preparation of desserts on marble-topped islands.
The restaurant featuring hand-tufted broadloom carpets in creme, hand-painted gilded wallpaper and rich veneer; the restaurant has an ethereal atmosphere completed by a large curved mural of floating lily ponds with echoes of impressionist art.
Bio At the heart of everything we do is the philosophy that architecture and design is best when it is simple, elegant and timeless.
For 25 years dwp has been a global architecture and design company that has completed award-winning work.
Proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, we aren’t afraid to push boundaries and face new challenges. dwp steps into the future with cutting edge collaborative, sustainable and creative design technology.
Currently located in Australia, Asia and the Middle East, we offer worldwide architectural and design services.
Other prizes - Asia Pacific Property Awards 2020, Office Interior, Winner
- The International Property Awards 2019, Best Hotel Interior, Winner
- World Interiors News (WIN) Awards 2019, Studios, Co-Working Spaces and Home Office, Gold Winner
- World Interiors News (WIN) Awards 2019, Hospitals and Clinics, Bronze Winner
- BCI Asia Interior Design Awards 2019, Residential, Winner
- Herman Miller Living Office Awards 2019, Best Living Office Design, Herman Miller Living Office Awards, Winner
- BCI Asia Interior Design Awards 2018, Residential, Winner
- INDEX Architecture and Design Awards 2018, Best Commercial Design Project, Winner
- Commercial Interior Design Awards 2017, Sustainable Interior Design of the Year, Winner
- The International Design and Architecture Awards 2017, Luxury Residence, Winner
- BCI Asia Interior Design Awards 2017, Residential, Winner
- Middle East Interior Design Awards 2014, Interior Design, Winner