Hotel Paso del Norte
The restoration of the historic property pays homage to the hotel’s history and brings back its original name “Hotel Paso del Norte”. The historic building completed in 1912 was originally a 10-story hotel with 195 rooms and in 1986 the room number was increased to 356 when a 17-story building was built adjacent to the existing hotel. Inspired by the striking, historic architecture of the existing structure, the redesign highlights local materials creating a traditional rich ambiance with burnished metals such as brass and copper, leather and rough wood to balance out.
Guests enter the highlighted reception area featured by the stain glass dome and accentuated ornate plaster details surrounding it. The restoration of the 10th floor rooftop includes a ballroom, a pool lounge, a full-service spa and gym. The bar next to the rooftop terrace is expanded overlooking the Franklin Mountains, Rio Grande and the Mexican Border.