Winner in Architectural Design Resort – Luxury
AW² - Reda Amalou and Stephanie Ledoux
Grand Anse Main Rd, St George’s, Grenada
Silversands on the island of Grenada has become the new destination in the Caribbean and a new benchmark for resorts. The resort’s aesthetic blends authenticity, nature, luxury, and modernity. The architecture, in all its simple forms and materials, defines the identity of the resort. We designed a layout that is focused on the guest experience and is primarily organized to showcase the stunning sea views, while ensuring the utmost degree of privacy. The exterior spaces echo the architecture’s modern lines through gardens, courtyards and water features. Terraces, day bed areas and pools are all designed to blend seamlessly with the architecture itself.
Spanning 10,000m², Silversands Grenada is anchored by a 100 metre-long infinity pool – the longest in the Caribbean. A newly-minted member of Leading Hotels of the World, the resort includes 43 hotel rooms and suites, nine residential villas, a full-service spa, fitness centre, two restaurants, a rum & cigar lounge and a beach club. The interior design is both sleek and modern, offering a refined yet unpretentious luxury experience.
Bio AW² is an international architecture and interior design studio based in Paris.
Reda Amalou graduated from the University of East London and founded the agency in 1997. Stéphanie Ledoux, a graduate from the Ecole Spéciale d’Architecture in Paris, joined AW² in 2000 and became a partner in 2003. The two partners have led the studio in tandem ever since and play an active role in the design of each project.
With projects in 40 different countries, the agency has an international reputation for quality high-end design. The studio covers all project typologies including hospitality, education,
Other prizes • Winner of the Build Architecture Awards 2020 in the category Best International Architecture & Design Studio – Paris
• 2020 Dezeen Awards, Longlisted in the Hospitality category : Kasiiya Papagayo
• 2020 Winner of The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design International Architecture Awards : Kasiiya Papagayo
• 2020 Nominated at the Asian Property Awards 2020 – 2021 in the Best New Construction & Design category: Wink Hotel Saigon Centre
• 2020 Editors’ Choice Award 2020 by Hideaway Report. Winner of Favourite Hotel of the Year and Best Spa categories: Kasiiya Papagayo
• 2020 Island Destinations, (The Authority for Luxury Travel) 2020 Ultimate Style & Design Award: Kasiiya Papagayo
• 2020 Hôtel & Lodge Awards 2020, Silversands shortlisted in the Design category: Silversands
• 2020 The International Hotel & Property Awards 2020, Shortlisted in the Best global hotel under 50 rooms category: Silversands
• 2020 Editors’ Choice Award 2020 by Hideaway Report. Winner of Favourite Hotel of the Year and Best Spa categories: Silversands
• 2020 Island Destinations, (The Authority for Luxury Travel) 2020 Ultimate Style & Design Award: Silversands
• 2019 TTG Travel Awards – Four Seasons The Nam Hai : “Best Beach Resort Worldwide”
• 2019 International Property Award, Hotel Interiors category, Caribbean region: Silversands Grenada
• 2019 French Design by VIA Award for AW²’s architecture and design work
• 2018 Nominee for the AFEX Grand Prize in Architecture: Ani Private Resort & Art Academy, Sri Lanka
• 2016 Asia Hotel Design Awards: Phum Baitang, Cambodia. Winner of the Resort Architecture Category, Best Cigar & Cocktail Bar Design, Best Spa & Wellness Design and Design Hotel of the Year.
• 2015 Pyramide de Vermeil for Innovative Projects: Les Lodges – 35 passive, evolutionary houses
• 2014 Luxury Travel (Australia) Gold List Awards: Four Seasons The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam
• ADEME (French Environment and Energy Management Agency), Outstanding Building in Ile-de