Hotel Mercure Bialystok
Winner in Interior Design Hotel – Midscale & Lifestyle
Pawel Panek, Joanna Mazurek, Marta Jakubas, Martina Mirecki, Jolanta Cioroch, Joanna Paterska
Podlasie is a region that attracts tourists with the beauty of its wild nature, cultural diversity, and interesting history. Therefore, when designing the Mercure Bialystok hotel we were looking for inspiration between man and nature, between baroque and folk art, and between East and West.
In the hotel interiors, we will find numerous references to the rich, unique fauna and flora of the region, to the majestic beauty of the Bialowieza Forest, and other nearby nature reserves. The selection of materials, colors, forms, and details on many levels draws from the beauty of nature, from regional crafts and folk art, and from architecture and works of art decorating the most famous local monument - the Baroque Branicki Palace.
Saturated greens and a whole range of browns, various types of climatic lighting, patterned carpets referring to oriental influences in the local tradition, wallpapers and photo wallpapers with natural motifs, and hand-forged grilles. An element of the decor that attracts the attention of every guest is a sculpture of a bison hung above one of the restaurant tables - a symbol of Podlasie.
Bio We design interior experiences in #hospitality #office and #retail. Follow our hashtag on Instagram #wearemixd.
MIXD is an interior design agency focused on experience design and innovative projects worldwide. We work with big brands and boutique interiors.
Other prizes - International Property Award 2023 Europe - Office Interior - Pepsico Poland Headquarters
- International Property Award 2023 Europe - Hotel Interior - Hyatt Place Kraków
- LIV Hospitality Design Award 2022 - Midscale/Lifestyle - Mercure Bialystok hotel
-Property Design Award 2022, Best Office (Echo Investment)
-Property Design Award 2022, Best Hotel (Cukrownia Znin)
- Shortlisted for Tne EU Prize For Contemporary Architecture – Mies Van Der Rohe Award 2022 (Cukrownia Znin)
- Art in Architecture 2021, Office (Echo Investment)
- Art in Architecture 2021, Hotel (ibis Styles Sarajevo)
- shortlisted for International Hotel & Property Award 2021 (ibis Styles Sarajewo)
- BIG SEE 2020 Award, Tourism and Interior Design (ibis Styles Sarajevo)
- finalist of Hospitality Design Award 2020, Hotel under 200 rooms (ibis Styles Sarajevo)
- International Property Award 2019/2020, Hotel, (ibis Styles Sarajevo)
-International Property Award 2019/2020, Office, (Intive)